Preparing your Home to Sell
First Impressions are Everything! When a potential buyer views a home, they usually know whether they are going to buy that house or not within the first few minutes...
Properties that show well ALWAYS SELL FOR MORE. By checking comparable sales in your area, we’ll recommend what needs to be done to your property to sell for TOP dollar. You may need to de-clutter, paint, repair, clean, renovate etc. in order to ensure the highest price possible. We specialize in making sure your property looks the best it possibly can, appealing to more quality buyers. Remember: if more buyers are interested, the higher the chance of selling at a higher price & even having a bidding war. Our team works with various trusted & reputable stagers, contractors, cleaners making sure your property receives the attention it needs so you get what you DESERVE!
Staging will help your property look more attractive while highlighting some of its best features! Your goal should be to make potential buyers feel like they could live there, and the best way to do this is to neutralize the surroundings and de-clutter as much as possible!
Here are some helpful tips to get your home ready to show & sell!
- Clear out your closets & de-clutter.
- Focus on highlighting the most visible areas in your home (kitchen, living room, master bedroom, family room etc.)
- Remove personal items in your home such as family photos.
- Put away large items such as porcelains, plates and vases to create more space.
- In the summer, make sure your grass is always freshly cut and your flowerbeds are kept clean!
- Do not cook anything that will leave an odour (fish, garlic etc.)
- Set the dining room table with attractive linens & dishes.
- Neatly arrange fresh flowers throughout your home.
- Place mirrors so as to help smaller rooms look more open.
- Leave curtains open to let as much natural light as possible in.
- Make small repairs to leaky faucets, squeaking doors & anything that a buyer could see as a potential issue.
This is an example of one of our previous Listings where renovations were completed to the exterior of the property. With our many contacts, we were able to help the seller secure a landscaper & exterior painter at a very reduced cost, saving them thousands of dollars while allowing them to avoid the potential problems of using an unknown contractor. Its safe to say that the home looks much better in the AFTER picture!
We are currently working with 3 different staging companies to get your home looking the best it possibly can. We also receive exclusive pricing for minor and major home renovations fromvarious partner Renovation companies.